This statement applies to websites operated by or on behalf of LEM Holding SA and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries.
- We collect information you choose to provide such as your email or postal address.
- We collect non-personal information such as browser type, operating system, and web pages visited to help manage our websites.
- We may obtain additional information about you, such as demographic information, from commercially available sources.
- All individuals who provide personal information such as customers, business partners, shareholders, job applicants, employees, retirees, and others.
- All locations where we operate, even where local regulations do not exist.
- All methods of contact such the internet, direct mail, telephone, and wireless, and for emerging technologies and methods that might be tested.
LEM promotes industry best practices to ensure privacy concerns are addressed and that personal information is protected.
Benefits for individuals: LEM collects and uses personal information to provide world-class products of superior quality for our consumers, customers, employees and others. We limit the collection of personal information to what we need to know in order to achieve our goal of providing superior quality and value. For example, we use email addresses to send consumers or shareholders or job applicants information they have requested. Consumer and employee feedback on products and services is used to improve our products and services.
Choice: We offer individuals who provide us information choices about receiving further communications from us; for example, our email newsletters are sent only to those who have expressly asked to receive them, and the newsletters have a link to use to opt out of receiving future messages. We may ask individuals if they wish to participate in market research, and then contact them if they give us their permission.
Technology: LEM uses technology in order to better serve our consumers, customers, employees, and others. We tell individuals when we use technologies that are privacy related; for example telephone caller ID to collect personal information. We do not use internet cookies to collect or store personal information. We actively promote best privacy practices and consumer benefit for emerging technologies that may have an effect on privacy such as radio frequency identification tags used to manage product inventory.
Data Accuracy & Access: LEM takes steps to make sure that the personal information we use is correct. We provide individuals with reasonable access to the personal information they've provided us so that they can review and correct it, or ask us not to use it. For example; employees can obtain their personal information through employee systems, and shareholders have access to their data through Shareholder Services.
Security: LEM protects personal information under company control by industry standard security practices and measures, in order to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We do not keep personal information any longer than necessary to meet the business purpose for which it was collected, though in some cases, legal or regulatory reasons require that personal information not be deleted.
Data Transfer: We may transfer personal information to LEM databases in countries other than where it was provided. Our global privacy program requires the same high level of security and protection of personal information in all geographies with procedures and contracts in place to help ensure this is so. Data may be temporarily transferred to a vendor or business partner to provide services for LEM, such as mailing information or samples. These vendors and business partners are required to protect and manage the personal information to the same high standards LEM does, and they cannot use the information for purposes other than to provide the services LEM has requested.
Accountability: LEM expects our employees and partners to maintain the trust placed in us by those who give us personal information. We provide privacy training to employees and highlight the importance of privacy in our world wide business conduct program. Those who manage personal information complete privacy self assessments to make sure that personal information is secure and protected. We periodically audit privacy compliance. LEM privacy policies and data protection practices extend by contract to our supplier and partner relationships. We support industry self-regulation as a flexible means for keeping pace with emerging privacy issues.
LEM is committed to keeping personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to information to individuals who have a business need consistent with the reason the information was provided. We keep personal information only for a reasonably needed amount of time.
When we contract with other companies to provide services for LEM and then temporarily provide personal information with them for that purpose, we require those companies to protect the information to the same standard LEM does.
When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit card number or company information, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for added protection. Your browser indicates that SSL is in place by displaying either an unbroken key or a closed lock at the bottom of your browser window.
- We use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provide it.
- We do not share your personal information with other marketers.
- Our privacy practices are consistent with:
- The European Union Data Protection Directive through the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program.
- Fair information practices established by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation forum (APEC) Privacy Framework.
- Applicable national and state data protection laws.
- Some country laws require country specific information in a privacy statement. Please click to read that information for those countries.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- You have the right to have a copy of the personal information you provide, and to correct or update your personal information.
- You may instruct LEM to remove you from our programs you have subscribed to by using the unsubscribe link provided in our email programs, or using the link provided below
- You may instruct LEM to remove any previous consent you provided.
- LEM is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy.
- LEM complies with country data protection laws.
- We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe a privacy problem has occurred.