The CD current sensing family is designed for monitoring and detecting leakage current on railway applications (fixed installations and onboard).
CD sensors’ high sensitivity allow for the measurement of a differential current that is only 0.1 % of the main current flowing in each primary conductor. For example, a differential current of 1 A can be measured with a main current of 1000 A, or 0.1 A with a main current of 100A. The measurement accuracy is about 5 to 10 % within the specified operating temperature range.
- Closed Loop current sensor using Fluxgate C Type
- Insulating plastic case recognized according to UL 94-V0
- Very good differential resolution (able to measure low differential currents with high main currents)
- Possibility to have an external adjustment by the user of the level of the differential current to be measured (a special design provides external terminals in the housing, where an adjustment resistor is connected)
- Special designs allow the adjustment of the time constant of the measured differential current, which is convenient when the output signal of the transducer is used as a trigger in a safety system
- Options to define several levels of differential currents to be measured (the transducer is then designed with a separate individual output for each current level)
- Protection against primary current overloads
CD current sensors are commonly used in traction applications:
- Railway security systems
- Railway fixed installations
- Onboard trains, trams, locomotives, metro…
Looking to receive samples or a quotation? Please click on the contact button below and provide us with the information you need on this product series. Our sales team will get back to you shortly.