Traditional process control still implies monitoring and regulation of parameters such as temperature, pressure, torque, position, etc. But measuring these directly can be both inefficient and inaccurate. Measuring the input current of a load provides much more information than just the current value and has a number of advantages like speed, ease of use, reliability, and savings. An increasing number of process automation and condition monitoring applications are following this trend.
Installing electrical transducers in control panels or on electric motor drives allows:
LEM products and processes comply with reference standards in the industry:
• CE marking of LEM transducers in recognition of their electromagnetic compatibility
• IEC standards for automation applications:
- IEC 61869-2,-6,-8, -10, -14, -15, for performances
- IEC 61010-1, -2-030, -2-032, -031 for safety
- IEC 61800-1 & -2 for climatic and mechanical constraints
- IEC 61326-1 for EMC
• RoHS compliant
• ISO TS 16949 certification of all production and development centers (Switzerland and China)
Based on our deep knowledge of applications and current measurement technologies, LEM develops both catalog and customized products which can be perfectly tailored to meet your needs in terms of performance, space requirement and cost.