The plasma arc welding process was introduced to better control the arc welding process in lower current ranges. Plasma enables an advanced level of control and accuracy in order to:
Plasma arc welding requires high current levels anywhere between 100 and 600 ampere. Depending on the type of material used and object welded, a specific current profile must also be maintained to ensure a high-quality weld. This is the role of LEM’s transducers. They measure and control precisely the level of current that is used to heat the plasma, ensuring a strong and lasting weld.
LEM products and processes comply with reference standards in the industry:
• CE marking of LEM transducers in recognition of their electromagnetic compatibility
• IEC standards for welding applications:
- IEC 61800-5-1 for safety
- IEC 61800-1 & IEC 61800-2 for climatic and mechanical constraints
- IEC 61800-3 for EMC
• RoHS compliant
• ISO TS 16949 certification of all production and development centers (Switzerland and China)
• IRIS certification :
- Geneva Head Office since September 2007 (LEM Switzerland SA)
- Beijing production sites since 2008 (LEM Electronics China Co. Ltd)
- Sofia production site since 2016 (LEM Bulgaria EOOD)
Based on our deep knowledge of applications and current measurement technologies, LEM develops both catalog and customized products which can be perfectly tailored to meet your needs in terms of performance, space requirement and cost.