LEM transducers provide control and protection signals to power converters and inverters that regulate energy both to the electric motors (for propulsion) and to the auxiliaries (for air-conditioning, heating, lighting, electrical doors, ventilators, etc).
Voltage networks vary from one country to another. LEM transducers monitor them closely to ensure power electronics work accordingly.
Global systems for propulsion of mining trucks are similar to the ones used for diesel-electric railway locomotives. Current and voltage transducers enable inverter control which is essential for the efficient propulsion of trucks.
LEM products and processes comply with reference standards in the industry:
• CE marking of LEM transducers in recognition of their electromagnetic compatibility
• EN standards for traction-based applications:
- EN 50155 for the electrical performances, environmental and safety constraints
- EN 50121-3-2 for EMC
• RoHS compliant
• ISO TS 16949 certification of all production and development centers (Switzerland and China)
• IRIS certification :
- Geneva Head Office since September 2007 (LEM Switzerland SA)
- Beijing production sites since 2008 (LEM Electronics China Co. Ltd)
- Sofia production site since 2016 (LEM Bulgaria EOOD)
Based on our deep knowledge of applications and current measurement technologies, LEM develops both catalog and customized products which can be perfectly tailored to meet your needs in terms of performance, space requirement and cost.