Transducers are paramount to an efficient and operational grid.
In many applications, the voltage from the grid is too high or has to be converted to DC voltage or to a different AC waveform. It is therefore transformed by modern power electronics. A transducer measures the output current to ensure stable power supply.
Power supply is critical for the effective function of applications such as cell phones base stations or hospitals security systems who must always remain operational. In case of failure (short circuit, unexpected connection to earth, etc.) or fault in the grid interrupting the power, batteries or Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) temporarily provide emergency power. Transducers are used to control the charge and discharge of these batteries as well as the switch to the batteries and UPS.
LEM products and processes comply with reference standards in the industry:
• CE marking of LEM transducers in recognition of their electromagnetic compatibility
• IEC standards for power supply-based application :
- IEC 62040-1 & IEC 60950-1 for safety
- IEC 61800-1 & IEC 61800-2 for climatic and mechanical constraints
- IEC 62040-2 for EMC
• RoHS compliant
• ISO TS 16949 certification of all production and development centers (Switzerland and China)
Based on our deep knowledge of applications and current measurement technologies, LEM develops both catalog and customized products which can be perfectly tailored to meet your needs in terms of performance, space requirement and cost